Monday, March 16, 2009

See Inside of Me- Celibacy Vow

Okay, so I'm attracted to this guy -- and at one point, I had the thought “hey, if he asks, why not have sex?” NO! Why not? Well, because I am celibate. Since this question came up, I had to look at why I became celibate. I think that it's odd that I became celibate before I became a Christian. ...isn’t that odd? I mean, most people would become a Christian and stop having sex (because of conviction.) But I wasn't even saved when I became celibate. I came to know Jesus as Saviour about 2 years after I chose to become celibate. I stopped having sex at the time because I wanted to be in a committed relationship. Not marriage, just a monogamous boyfriend/girlfriend thing would do. I also became celibate to avoid pregnancy, STI's, HIV/AIDS and the emotional baggage that comes with having sex before there's a commitment. But, notice I didn't say "marriage"? I just don’t like casual sex. It’s too casual. See just before I made this decision, I was giving--but what I wasn't getting what I really wanted. Oh, it's a pleasurable feeling for a bit, but once that goes away, then what? So. I stopped having sex. I made up my mind to not have sex, but if I'd met the 'right person' I would have had sex outside of marriage if I felt the commitment was 'strong' enough. WoW. I wonder what would have used as a measuring stick to determine the "strength of a commitment?" So, see that's where God comes in. He has a way of working things out that we don't understand at the time . I hadn't met anyone that I truly would want to have a sexual relationship with outside of marriage...until recently. Oh yeah, I'm being REAL. But that's good. I have met someone that I would like to have a sexual relationship with one day--and I'm searching myself. Will I compromise...or will I wait for marriage? Now that I am a Christian woman, ( and he is a Christian man...I couldn't deal with anyone else) I have to visit my vow of celibacy. My initial reasons for becoming celibate remain, but I've had to add some biblical principles as well! I'm looking for a man who is ready for a committed relationship, here today, tomorrow and the tomorrows after that 'til death do us part--In a word, marriage. He's got to know that I am not going to compromise myself or him in any way. I'm looking for a saved, employed, disease-free, goal-oriented, tall, slim-built man who prays and has faith in God --who is looking for a saved, disease-free, commitment ready, goal-oriented, short, 'fluffy' woman who prays, and trusts God.
To prepare myself, I've committed to being a Woman of God. I've committed to being obedient. And if God blesses me with a husband, I'll commit to being a wife. But right now, I am taking a most unpopular stand, even among some Christians. I am fully committed to maintaining my vow of celibacy.


Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16

Be blessed. Be holy.
.
simply beautiful
.

No comments: