Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Closing the Month in Prayer

It's hard to believe it is the end of March 2009. We're moving right along into April. I believe there is no better way to close March and welcome April than with prayer. I thought about looking on the internet for a prayer by someone famous--but then I realized-- that's not important to God. He not only wants to hear what's on the hearts of Obama, Denzel, Angela or Michelle--( ooh that rhymes...LOL), but He wants to hear from me and from you, too.
So if you would? bow your heads and close your eyes...oh I guess that won't work, then you can't read my prayer. Well, humble yourselves and pray with me:

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,
Creator of all, there is none like You.
Forgive us for our sins.
Thank You for allowing a new day, a new month, a new season.
Awaken in us, dear Lord, the desire to be more like You.
We want to walk in Your way, Your truth, and Your light.
Stir up the gifts in us that we may use them to Your glory.
We give You honor and all the praise--
In Jesus Name.
Amen.

No comments: